Step into the world of digital transformation
Adopted by many organisations and millions of professionals globally, ITL Foundation will broaden your horizons in the digital world.
Our recent virtual class! In support of safe management in light of COVID19, classes may be run virtually.
Course duration: 3 days, 9am – 5pm
An instructor-led classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing and managing IT services in order to understand, create and deliver optimum business value. The ITIL framework is adopted by many organizations and millions of professionals globally. The course is based on the updated ITIL4 framework.
Extensive research has consistently shown that ITIL is fundamental to businesses, enables transformation and helps organizations realise value. Many organisations invest heavily in adopting and adapting ITIL into their business practices and upskilling their workforce with ITIL qualifications.
ITIL4 will help businesses navigate the new technological era, commonly known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The speed of current breakthroughs is disrupting almost every industry on a global scale. The Fourth Industrial Revolution is marked by emerging technology in fields including robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, quantum computing, biotechnology, the Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing, autonomous vehicles and much more.
ITIL4 provides a practical and flexible basis to support organizations on their journey into the new world of digital transformation by helping them align their human, digital and physical resources, adopt emerging technologies into their IT operations to compete within the complex modern landscape.
This course may be eligible for PMI’s PDUs.
Understand Key Concepts of Service Management
- Service Management
- Service and relationship with Value, Outcome, Cost and Risks
- Service Consumers, Service Providers, Users, Customer
- Understanding Nature and Components of Value
- Value Co-Creation
- Understanding Service Relationships
ITIL Guiding Principles
- Focus on Value
- Start Where You Are
- Progress Iteratively With Feedback
- Collaborate and Promote Visibility
- Think and Work Holistically
- Keep It Simple and Practical
- Optimize and Automate
ITIL Service Value System
- Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Components of the Service Value System including Value Chain, Governance and Practices
- Value Chain Activities within the Value System
- 3 Categories of ITIL Practices
- Purpose and detailed look at selected Practices (including):
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Control
- Service Level Management
- Continual Improvement
- Service Request Management
- Service Desk
- Information Security Management
- Relationship Management
- Service Configuration Management
- Supplier Management
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand key service management concepts
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Know the purpose and key terms of selected ITIL practices with focus on key selected practices
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- Individuals at the start of their journey in Service Management
- ITSM Managers and aspiring ITSM Managers
- Individuals working in other parts of IT (digital, product development) with strong interface with service delivery
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to update their knowledge
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Foundation under the AXELOS certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
Anyone who takes an ITIL certification is entitled to one year’s subscription to My ITIL which is included with their exam. A ‘My ITIL’ subscription is intended to support a candidate beyond their certification.
- There are case studies, practical guidance and examples that can be used, as well as further deep dives into the current and new guidance.
- Today there is a very complicated and complex business context to IT enabled services, and there is no single path to navigate it, but the further supplementary content and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) activity on the site will help with that navigation.
- The supplementary content and supporting CPD activities are extremely useful to candidates as they provide further clarity on specific areas of knowledge when using ITIL
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- One hour duration
There are no prerequisites to attending the ITIL Foundation course or for sitting for the ITIL Foundation certification examination.
Hoon Wee Tan
Hoon Wee is an experienced IT professional with broad international experience in managing IT shared services, project management and end-user support. He is well versed in both waterfall and agile practices, being a PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner, AgilePM Practitioner and Certified Scrum Master. Hoon Wee has performed advisory roles for organizational change strategies related to process design, optimization and implementation.
A consummate service professional at heart, Hoon Wee displays exceptional client service and communication skills with abilities to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships and is able to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly challenging, flexible, interactive and results-based team environment.