Business Simulation Duration: 1.5 hours to 1 Day, varying depending on audience
Ocean’s 99 is a Cyber Security business simulation. A business simulation is an interactive workshop in which teams of people work on challenging issues within a simulated environment. In a simulation each participant will play a role and has specific tasks, responsibilities and authority.
Do you recognize these challenges in Cyber Security?
- Create overall awareness
- Balance between opportunities and risks
- Design an effective cyber security strategy.
A report from an international Cyber Security Protection Alliance concluded that organizations do not have enough awareness and knowledge about Cyber Security revealing a need for ‘more information and education’. An ISACA report ‘2015 global Cyber Security status report’ revealed that only 38% of organizations said their organizations were prepared for sophisticated cyber attacks. Is it any wonder that the latest trends report from the Society of Information management reveal that ‘Security’ is a top scoring issue for CIO’s?This has prompted an explosion in Cyber Security education, certification and training with ‘Resilia’ being the latest offering provided by Axelos.
However, despite the investment in knowledge and skills, it is the attitude and disciplined behaviour of people that pose a significant risk. The latest Cyber Security findings from Cisco also reveal that attackers are shifting their emphasis from ‘…seeking to compromise servers and operating systems to seeking to exploit users ’ (behaviour). This business simulation game aims to support Cyber Security awareness and training programs – helping to change attitudes and behaviour.
The owner of the Bank of Tokyo has decided to exhibit three world renowned objects.
The ‘Star of Africa’, the ‘Jewish Bride’ and a ‘Bugatti 59’.
Each of these objects must be transported from their current location to the Tokyo Museum and exhibited for a period of 4 months.
Your challenge is to bring the objects to Tokyo, on time, safely and securely, and to have them exhibited for the planned time.
Each day too late, will cost money and will harm the image of the bank and the museum.
But, be careful.
Ocean’s 99, a criminal organization, is also very interested in the objects…
Ocean’s 99 and maybe other unforeseen threats can undermine your plans…
- Be aware of the importance of a Cyber Security and Cyber Resilience for your organization.
- Have a better understanding and insight into the threats, risks and weaknesses in your own organization.
- Understand the essence, definitions, roles and responsibilities and terminology of Cyber Security and Cyber Resilience.
- Be able to apply your knowledge and understanding to assess the current maturity or status of Cyber Security and Cyber Resilience of you own organization
- Have gained practical insights and tips on how to initiate and implement effective Cyber Security and Cyber Resilience initiatives in your own organization
- See, feel and experience the impact of ‘attitude’ and ‘behavior’ as critical success or fail factors in Cyber Security.
Boardroom (Simulation Duration: 1.5 hours)
With this audience we will run the Security Policy and Risk Assessment exercise. This will create an understanding about the current Cyber Security status in the organization.
IT groups (Simulation Duration: 1 day)
We will run the full day simulation to give the teams a clear picture of all the Cyber Security aspects related to IT Services and processes.
End Users (Simulation Duration: 2.5 hours)
We will execute the two final rounds of the simulation. This audience will experience the consequences of Cyber Security attacks, threats and activities and the need for disciplined, desirable behaviors.
No prior knowledge is required in CyberSecurity.
No prior specific knowledge is required.