Completing projects of any size or complexity successfully
Learn the skills and techniques to study and prepare for the PRINCE2 7 Foundation and Practitioner certification examinations. Updated based on the latest PRINCE2 7th edition, our course explains the method’s structured, scalable and tailorable approach to project management, with the five integrated elements of PRINCE2.
Our recent virtual class! In support of safe management in light of COVID19, classes may be run virtually.
Course duration: 2 days, 9am – 5pm
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a globally recognized and established project management method that offers a structured, scalable, and tailorable approach to project management. Its focus on governance, risk management, and benefits realization sets it apart from other qualifications. By integrating agile concepts and emphasizing tailoring, PRINCE2 7 is even more adaptable to diverse project environments.
PRINCE2 7 addresses changes in the project management sector and adapts to evolving working practices and technologies. It places a central focus on people management, embraces digital and data management and integrates sustainability into project performance. PRINCE2 7 is compatible with Agile, Lean and ITIL ®.
The PRINCE2 7 Practitioner course is a 2-day training offering. This course provides a platform and forum for the practice and internalization of the concepts and methods within the syllabus plus an exam-focused guidance to enable delegates to confidently approach the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination. At the end of this course, you will have sufficient understanding to apply and tailor the method in different project environments.
Participants are eligible to claim 14 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
- Foundation refresher – Five integrated elements: PRINCE2 principles, people, PRINCE2 practices, PRINCE2 processes and the project context
- PRINCE2 Practices – Guidance, techniques, application, management products and key roles for business case, organizing, quality, plans, risk, issues and progress
- PRINCE2 Processes – The PRINCE2 process model; starting up a project; directing a project; initiating a project; controlling a stage; managing product delivery, managing a stage boundary; closing a project.
On completion of this course, delegates would be able to:
- Understand how the five integrated elements of PRINCE2 – PRINCE2 principles, people, PRINCE2 practices, PRINCE2 processes and the project context – work together
- Apply PRINCE2 to prepare for the Practitioner examination.
This course is intended for individuals who has attended the PRINCE2 7 Foundation course. The course expands the foundational knowledge for project managers (certified and uncertified), aspiring project managers and everyone aiming to enhance their project management skills.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination included in the course will be recognised as certified with PRINCE2® 7 Practitioner under the AXELOS certification scheme.
- Objective testing
- 70 questions per paper
- Duration of 150 minutes, including reading time
- 42 marks (60%) required to pass
- Open book examination (only the official PRINCE2® 7 Managing Successful Projects manual, is allowed).
Candidates for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination must have passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 7 Foundation
- PRINCE2 6th Edition Foundation or Practitioner
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ)
- Project Professional Qualification (PPQ)
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate).
PeopleCert’s Continuous Professional Development Programme
All participants with PeopleCert Global Best Practise certification can renew (within 3 years of their original certification dates) and keep your certification current through PeopleCert Continuous Development Programme.
Hoon Wee Tan
Hoon Wee is an experienced IT professional with broad international experience in managing IT shared services, project management and end-user support. He is well versed in both waterfall and agile practices, being a PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner, AgilePM Practitioner and Certified Scrum Master. Hoon Wee has performed advisory roles for organizational change strategies related to process design, optimization and implementation.
A consummate service professional at heart, Hoon Wee displays exceptional client service and communication skills with abilities to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships and is able to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly challenging, flexible, interactive and results-based team environment.