Learn the skills and techniques to study and prepare for the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification examination. Updated based on the latest PRINCE2 2017, our course explains the method’s established approach to project management, with its overall structure of seven principles, themes and processes.
Course Duration : 2 Days
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a structured process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for managing all types of projects. The method is the de-facto standard for project management in the UK and is practised worldwide. In addition, PRINCE2 provides business-case driven project management, excellent governance control and ready to use templates. PRINCE2 can be trusted to provide practical, authoritative and relevant guidance to anyone managing a project in today’s environment.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner course is a 2-day course intended for delegates to sit for the Practitioner examination on Day 2. This course provides a platform and forum for the practice and internalization of the concepts and methods within the syllabus plus an examfocused guidance to enable delegates to confidently approach the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination. At the end of this course, you will have sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
Participants are eligible to claim 14 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects – Structured project management method based on established and proven best practice and governance, applicable to any project; tailoring of PRINCE2; four integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and project environment
- Tailoring and adopting PRINCE2 – What can be tailored; constraints and influences; tailoring in common situations; tailoring PRINCE2 to create an organization’s project management method
- Principles – Continued business justification; learn from experience; defined roles and responsibilities; manage by stages; manage by exceptions; focus on products; tailor to suit the project
- Themes – Business case; organization; quality; plans; risk; change; progress; PRINCE2 requirements for each theme; tailoring guidelines
- Processes – Key processes that must be present and tailored to suit the complexity, scope and risks of a project; PRINCE2 process model that is used to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle; tailoring guidelines.
On completion of this course, delegates would be able to:
- Understand PRINCE2 principles, themes, processes and management products and how they work together
- Understand tailoring of PRINCE2
- Apply PRINCE2 to prepare for the Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
This course is intended for organizations and individuals seeking a structured approach to project management. The course provides good learning for project managers, team managers, project support, assurance staff and managers from any discipline. The course is particularly aimed at practising and aspiring project managers.
The PRINCE2 method is flexible and adaptable for any type and size of project, and offers an excellent project management foundation for any member of staff.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination will lead to Practitioner certification. The format of the examination is:
- 68 scored multiple choice (part) questions
- Duration of 2 hours 30 minutes (including reading time)
- 38 marks (56%) required to pass
- Open book examination (only Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 Manual, 2017 edition, is allowed)
- No negative marking for incorrect answers.
Candidates for the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination must have passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation (or higher) – This only applies to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate).
Candidates who are not PRINCE2 Foundation-certified must be familiar with the fundamentals of PRINCE2.