You're ready to deliver value
A 3-days instructor-led classroom training, designed to guide you on the latest thinking in Enterprise Governance of Information & Technology. Essential for business leaders to achieve their objectives for effective I&T governance.
Our recent hybrid class! In support of safe management in light of COVID19, classes may be run virtually.
Course duration: 3 days, 9am – 5pm
An instructor-led classroom training relevant for professionals keen to learn more about COBIT 2019, the latest framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT by ISACA. It helps the modern technology professionals deliver true value by realizing maximum benefits while optimizing risk and costs to the business.
ISACA Accredited Trainers
Sapience’s Accredited Trainers have gone through a vetting process with ISACA, and official material will be provided.
Supported by Skillsfuture Credits
SkillsFuture Credit can be used on top of existing government course subsidies to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses.
COBIT 2019 helps enterprises maximize the value of their technology investments. Throughout its history, COBIT has been used by enterprises around the world to significantly and sustainably improve the management of enterprise IT and governance. In the age of technology-enabled business strategies, the COBIT 2019 framework has emerged as an indispensable framework.
COBIT 2019 builds on the popular COBIT5 framework which provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models designed to help business and IT leaders maximize trust in, and value from, their enterprise’s information and technology assets. COBIT 2019 continues to integrate existing ISACA risk and value management frameworks into an established governance framework provided for in earlier versions of COBIT.
COBIT 2019 provides upgraded guidance to executives and those charged with making decisions concerning the use of technology in support of organizational objectives. This framework helps both business and technology leaders address the needs of all stakeholders, from shareholders to regulators, across the enterprise.
This course may be eligible for PMI’s PDUs.
- Understand the drivers and benefits to organizations using the COBIT 2019 Framework
- Understand differences between COBIT5 and COBIT 2019
- Understanding the 6 Governance System Principles
- Providing stakeholder value
- Holistic approach
- Dynamic governance system
- Having governance distinct from management
- Ability to tailor to meet enterprise needs, and
- End to end governance system
- Understanding the 3 Governance Framework Principles
- Align with major standards
- Open and flexible
- Based on a conceptual model
- Understand the Governance and Management Objectives and the related Processes of COBIT 2019
- Understand the 7 Components of the COBIT 5 Framework
- Principles, Policies and Procedures
- Organizational Structures
- Culture, Ethics and Behaviour
- Information Flows and Items
- Services, Infrastructure and Application
- People, Skills and Competencies
- Understand and apply the design factors for a tailored governance system
- Understand and apply the Goals Cascade based on the Balanced Scorecard
- Designing and managing the performance of the processes and components in COBIT 2019
- Creating a business case for a governance framework
- Understanding the Implementation Guide and Phases for COBIT 2019
- Relate the Design Guide with the Implementation Guide
- Guided Examination Preparation.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Learn key concepts and terminology
- Know the Governance and Framework Principles
- Know the Governance System and Components
- Understand Governance and Management Objectives
- Performance management
- Designing a tailored governance system.
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT Consultants
- IT Management and Governance related roles
- Business Professionals who want to gain knowledge of the scope and structure of COBIT 2019
- Professionals who want to improve IT Governance in their or their clients’ organizations.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with COBIT 2019 Foundation under the ISACA certification scheme.
Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
The format of the examination is:
- 75 Multiple Choice
- Each multiple-choice question has three options with only one correct answer
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 49 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 65%
- Two-hour duration
- Web-based and remote-proctored examination.
There are no prerequisites to attending the COBIT 2019 Foundation course or for sitting for the COBIT 2019 Foundation certification examination.
Extensive technical and managerial experience supporting organisations across government, pharmaceutical, banking and financial industries. Well-versed in creating and leading high-performing teams through effective work methodologies thatleverages on technology and best practices to achieve organizational objectives.
Communicative, articulate and a firm believer in sharing both knowledge and experience. Highly organized and relish delivering superlative results in high-pressure environments. Believes in providing quality advice grounded in a sapient application of experience, best practices and an acute understanding of real-world realities.
Clients can count on me – my word is my bond.
Sense of humor and unflappable enthusiasm, based on involvement and the strong feeling that is all about achieving results together, coupled with tact and perseverance to manage complex changes in little steps.