Cloud computing makes computer system resources, especially storage and computing power, available on demand without direct active management by the user. The term is generally used to describe data centers available to many users over the Internet.
Learn about the challenges,pitfalls and constraints one will face when implementing a cloud infrastructure and how to avoid them in your cloud computing implementation
Course Duration : 2 Days Instructor Led Classroom Training
Cloud computing is the term given to the availability of IT resources usually supplied by an external 3rd party service provider and accessed using the Internet and in which the end user has constant on-demand access. These resources can be provided with minimal user management or service provider interaction.
Cloud Computing Certification will give individuals and the organizations they work for a comprehensive understanding of cloud computing and the possible delivery models.
This two day classroom training course provides an overview of Cloud computing and its relationship with other areas of information management. This training is based on a knowledge of the fundamental concepts of Cloud computing and an understanding of the deployment, architecture and design of a Cloud computing platform.
This course may be eligible for PMI's PDUs.
The Cloud Computing Foundation Course comprises nine primary sections, covering the following topics:
- The concept and evolution of Cloud computing
- Cloud computing architectures including SOA, Tiered, Multi and Datacentre
- Benefits and limitations of Cloud resources
- Using and accessing the Cloud from desktop and mobile devices
- Security in the Cloud and Identity Management
- Building local Cloud networks
- Supporting the use of the Cloud with VPN access, scripting languages and data back-up
- Understand the business case (costs & benefits) of Cloud computing
- How to evaluate the performance of your Cloud implementation
Participants in the Cloud Computing Foundation course will be provided instruction designed to provide the following:
- Identify essential elements
- Describe the pros and cons
- Understand the business case for going to the cloud
- Describe how to build a cloud network
- Understand virtualization architecture
- Describe security and privacy issues
- Technical and organizational challenges
- Public, private & hybrid delivery models
- Understand federation and presence
- Describe cloud computing standards and best practices
- Describe how mobile devices can be used in the cloud
- Creating a cloud action plan
Individuals who are researching, planning or supporting an implementation of Cloud computing
Delegates who successfully completed the course and pass the exam will be awarded the Cloud Computing Foundation certification from APMG
- Examination by APMG
- Paper Based
- 40 minutes, closed book, multiple choice examination
- 50 Questions
- Pass mark is 25 out of 50 (50%)
There are no formal entry requirements but delegates are expected to have a basic understanding of computing, IT networks and how they are used to support the requirements of users in an organisation.