This module provides the candidate with an understanding of the ways in which digital organizations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments, focusing on rapid delivery of products and services to obtain maximum business value.
Course Duration: 3 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Take what was established as THE best practice guidance of IT Service Management – then make it better. ITIL4 will help businesses navigate the new technological era, commonly known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The ITIL4 Specialist: High Velocity IT (HVIT) course helps ITSM practitioners assimilate further into the emerging practices of ITIL4 – specifically in the areas of guiding practitioners who work in organizations that are becoming more digitally enabled. It will help those who are familiar with traditional IT and service management concepts to discuss ‘digital’ confidently, develop practical competencies, and integrate new concepts, techniques, and technologies into their ways of working. It also covers Agile and Lean, and technical practices and technologies such as the Cloud, Automation, and Automatic Testing.
This interactive course is essential to the development of the modern day technologist and ITSM practitioner and leader in modern IT organisations seeking innovation and delivering full value to the business.
Successfully obtaining the ITIL 4 High Velocity IT qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL4 Managing Professional.
- Understand basic concepts
- Digital organization, High velocity IT, Digital/ IT transformation, Digital product/ technology
- Understand when the transformation to high velocity IT is desirable and feasible
- Understand the five objectives associated with digital products to achieve
- Understand the digital product lifecycle
- Understand how high velocity IT relates to the four dimensions, service value system/ chain and digital product lifecycle
- Understand the ITIL guiding principles for delivering high velocity IT
- Understand Ethics,
Safety culture, Lean culture, Toyota Kata, Lean / Agile, etc.
- Know how to help get customer’s job done
- Trust and be trusted
- Continually raise the bar, accept ambiguity and uncertainty
- Commit to continual learning
- Understand Ethics,
- Know how to contribute to achieving value with digital products with the following practices
- Portfolio management
- Relationship management
- Architecture management
- Business analysis
- Deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Software development and management
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Monitoring and event management
- Problem management
- Service continuity management
- Infrastructure and platform management
- Service design
- Service desk
- Information security management.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand concepts regarding the high velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
- Know how to contribute to achieving value with digital products.
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- Individuals continuing their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- IT managers and practitioners involved in digital services or working in digital transformation projects, working within or towards high velocity environments
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge.
Participants of the course who successfully pass the certification examination will be awarded the ITIL Specialist: High Velocity IT.
The format of the examination is:
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes duration
Candidates must already have achieved ITIL4 Foundation certification to qualify to sit the examination.
There are no upcoming events at this time.