Lego for Scrum is a Scrum business simulation. A business simulation is an interactive workshop in which teams of people work on challenging issues within a simulated environment. In a simulation each participant will play a role and has specific tasks, responsibilities and authority.
Business Simulation Duration: 1 Day
Do you recognize these challenges in complex work such as product development?
- Improving performance in product development
- Improving team working in product development
- Translating Scrum framework into practice.
Why do projects continually fail?
Key reasons include:
- Poor end-user engagement and involvement
- Unclear requirements specifications and planning
- Frequent changes not well managed.
This business simulation can be used to help participants address the above common challenges and failures as well as enable participants learn how to apply Scrum in a realistic challenging environment.
The participants will build a model of a start-up city-incubator where teams of passionate innovators come to stay and work. Let’s call it a Silicon Village. Teams usually rent a cottage for several weeks to be able to work together on their idea. Because of their focus on work, team prefer living independently from each other in cottages, but they benefit from having common areas to eat, meet and socialize, this is where they can learn from other teams.
Importantly teams come to the Silicon Village to produce demos of their innovative products, so they need all the infrastructure to be able to work full speed (high-bandwidth internet, data center, labs, etc).
Once in a while, weekly, investors come over for big product reviews to pick a start-up to invest in…
- Learn the Scrum framework by demonstrating how in practice multiple Development Teams and the Product Owner collaborate to create a great working product
- Experience a great illustration of the Agile mindset in action.
This simulation is for Scrum Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers and truly any one who wants to learn Scrum or Agile.
Lego for Scrum is a great add-on to ABC Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner and AgilePM Practitioner courses.
No prior knowledge on Scrum or Agile is required. If this simulation is run as a standalone workshop, we will introduce Scrum to the participants.