For the professionals who design and create digital products & services
The insights into the core service management services and an expansion of ITIL into the creation of services
Our recent virtual class! In support of safe management in light of COVID19, classes may be run virtually.
Course duration: 3 days, 9am – 5pm
This module covers the ‘core’ service management activities and expands the current scope of ITIL to cover the ‘creation’ of services. This instructor-led course focuses on the integration of different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services whilst also covering supporting practices, methods and tools.
Take what was established as THE best practice guidance of IT Service Management – then make it better. ITIL4 will help businesses navigate the new technological era, commonly known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution.The ITIL4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support (CDS) course helps ITSM practitioners assimilate further into the emerging practices of ITIL4 – specifically in the areas of the Service Value Stream and the use of the Value Stream with specific focus on the creation, delivery and support of new services, and the provisioning of user support.Relevant supporting ITIL Practices to these value streams are examined. Team collaboration, integration and organisational cultural aspects critical to the success of the adoption of the value streams are discussed.
The course also covers the management and prioritization of work through several techniques and scrutinizes the contribution of continual improvement.This interactive course is essential to the development of the modern day technologist and ITSM practitioner and leader in modern IT organisations seeking innovation and delivering full value to the business.
This course may be eligible for PMI’s PDUs.
- Plan and Build a Service Value Stream
- Organizational structures
- Integrated/collaborative teams
- Team roles and competencies
- Team culture and differences
- Customer-oriented mindset
- Employee satisfaction management
- Value of positive communications
- Understand and use the shift-left approach
- Team collaboration and integrations
- Workforce planning
- Results-based measuring and reporting
- Culture of Continual Improvement
- Integrated Service Management Toolsets
- Integration and data sharing
- Reporting and advanced analytics
- Collaboration and workflow
- Robotic process automation, AI and machine learning
- Information Models
- ITIL Practices and the Service Value Streams
- Value Stream Model 1: Value stream to design, develop and transition new services and the contribution of specific practices to the value stream
- Service Design
- Software development and management
- Deployment management
- Release management
- Service validation and testing
- Change enablement
- ITIL Practices and the Service Value Streams (Continued)
- Value Stream Model 2: Value stream to provide user support and the contribution of specific practices to the value stream
- Service Desk
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service Level Management
- Monitoring and Event Management
- Create, Deliver and Support Services
- Coordinate, prioritize and structure work and activities
- Managing queues and backlogs
- Buy vs Build Considerations
- Sourcing Options
- Service Integration and Management (SIAM).
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand how to plan and build a value stream to create, deliver and support services
- Know how ITIL practices contribute to create, deliver and support across the value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services.
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- ITSM managers, aspiring managers and practitioners developing their ITSM knowledge based on ITIL4
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery
- Individuals who are pursuing the ITIL Managing Professional designation.
Participants of the course who successfully pass the included certification examination will be awarded the ITIL Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support certification.
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes duration
Candidates must already have achieved ITIL4 Foundation certification to qualify to sit the examination.
PeopleCert’s Continuous Professional Development Programme
All participants with PeopleCert Global Best Practise certification can renew (within 3 years of their original certification dates) and keep your certification current through PeopleCert Continuous Development Programme.
Extensive technical and managerial experience supporting organisations across government, pharmaceutical, banking and financial industries. Well-versed in creating and leading high-performing teams through effective work methodologies thatleverages on technology and best practices to achieve organizational objectives.
Communicative, articulate and a firm believer in sharing both knowledge and experience. Highly organized and relish delivering superlative results in high-pressure environments. Believes in providing quality advice grounded in a sapient application of experience, best practices and an acute understanding of real-world realities.
Clients can count on me – my word is my bond.