Master the role of a Business Analyst in an Agile environment
Learn the necessary skills and knowledge to apply the AgileBA approach
Agile is the ability to create and respond to change. It is a way of dealing with, and ultimately succeeding in, an uncertain and turbulent environment.
Course Duration : 2 Days
What is Agile? Why be Agile in your projects?The future is unpredictable, and with the world and its technology changing ever faster, our projects experience far greater uncertainty on requirements ever than before. Projects that embrace Agile are able to adapt faster, deliver little and often yet remaining business and customer focused. Based on the proven DSDM Agile Project Framework (AgilePF), the Agile Business Analyst (AgileBA) is crucial to the success and competitiveness of organisations in the rapidlychanging environment working in an Agile way. The Business Analyst is a critical role within an Agile project team. The AgileBA gives context to the BA role beyond the individual project, in relation to organisational processes, mission and strategy.AgileBA certification and qualification has been developed by the Agile Business Consortium, and training and examinations are offered through the global awarding body APMG International. This course covers the certification examinations for Practitioner.Delegates who have attended the course are eligible for 14 PMI PDUs
- DSDM philosophy and principles
- DSDM process and practices
- DSDM roles and responsibilities
- Requirements planning and estimating through the project lifecycle
- Transition to AgileBA.
This course provides the skills needed to successfully gather, analyse, validate and champion the requirements throughout an Agile project.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of DSDM
- Learn how to apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of the DSDM AgilePF
- Understand the Agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements
- Learn how to test, estimate and evaluate benefits delivery in an Agile project.
AgileBA is designed to offer valuable direction for all business analysts involved in an Agile environment, and other Agile professionals who need business analysis skills.
The AgileBA Practitioner examination will lead to Practitioner certification. The format of the examination is:
- 80 scored complex multiple choice (part) questions
- Duration of 2 hours 30 minutes (including reading time)
- 40 marks (50%) required to pass Open book examination (only AgileBA Handbook is allowed)
- No negative marking for incorrect answers.
Passing the AgileBA Foundation exam is a pre-requisite for taking the Practitioner exam.