Supporting successful cloud procurement and technology integration
With the cloud technology market continuing to grow for its wide range of associated benefits, cloud technology and services integration is becoming a key focus in organizations.
Our recent virtual class! In support of safe management in light of COVID19, classes may be run virtually.
Course duration: 4 days, 9am – 5pm
An instructor-led classroom training relevant for professionals looking to gain insights and understand the procurement and implementation of cloud services to how it integrates and supports business strategy and functions.
As the global market for cloud technology and services grows exponentially due to a wide range of associated benefits, adopting cloud technology has become a key strategic focus for organizations across sectors and industries looking to increase and optimize their use
Despite these trends, organizations and individuals are often not well-supported during the procurement phase of cloud adoption and lack guidance around how to optimize benefits, both from procurement and the technology itself.
This course provides a practical understanding of how cloud procurement and technology can integrate with and support broader business strategy and functions, regardless of sector, industry, or cloud maturity. It is intended to provide candidates with best practice guidance on how to use the capabilities offered by the cloud to identify and pursue opportunities, manage risks, and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Key Concepts of Cloud
• Cloud Customer Journey
• Introduction to Cloud and Cloud Solutions
• Governance and Shared Responsibilities
- Explore: Benefitting From Cloud
• Cloud’s Role and Strategy
• Cloud Strategic Positioning and Scope
• Formulating Cloud Strategy
• Value, Outcomes, Cost and Risk
- Engage: Meeting Cloud Service
• Understanding CSP Landscapes
• Defining Requirements for Cloud
• RFI and Proof of Concepts
• Conducting Cloud Readiness Assessments
• Engaging With Cloud Service Providers
• Reviewing Cloud Strategies and Service Requirements
- Offer: Selecting the Right Service and
• Minimum ROI Attainment
• Request and Reviewing Proposals
• ROI of Proposed Cloud Services
• Cloud Service Business Case
- Agree: Negotiating and Planning
• Agreeing and Planning Value CoCreation and Cloud Services
• Cloud Service Agreements
• Shared Responsibility Models
• Roles and Responsibilities Map
• Charging Models
- Onboard: Moving To The Cloud
• Considerations for Onboarding
• Migrating to cloud as part of onboarding
• Security and Compliance Considerations
- Co-Create: Enabling Value
• Operating Model Alignment
• Value Co-creation Map for Cloud
• Value Co-creation Drivers
• Managing and Optimizing Cloud Service Consumption
- Realise: Measuring and Improving
• Maintaining Operating Model Alignment
• VUCA and the Cloud
• Continual Improvement for Cloud
On completion of this course, the following
learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Analyze available solutions and potential benefits using a vendor-neutral approach
- Effectively identify, select and deliver optimized cloud services
- Facilitate value co-creation through successful cloud services procurement and integration whilst applying the ITIL 4 framework
- Adopt a customer-focused end-to-end cloud procurement user journey
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- Individuals continuing their journey or developing knowledge in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- Cloud architects and consultants
- Procurement and managers invoiced in shaping direction and strategy involving cloud services
- C-level and aspirants
Participants of the course who successfully pass the certification examination will be awarded the ITIL Specialist: Acquiring & Managing Cloud Services certificate
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- 90 minutes duration
There are no formal prerequisites for this course. ITIL4 Foundation certification is advantageous. Relevant key concepts from the ITIL 4 framework will be covered as part of the syllabus.
Possessing an in-depth understanding of professional knowledge, various corporate cultures and personal charisma as her main strengths.
To achieve superior and sustainable results for the customers, she values being organized, open-minded, innovative and proactive when engaging in delivery.
She enjoys the challenges emerged from meeting business requirements and handling complex and diverse stakeholders in the client’s organization while focusing on true value.