This module covers the necessary areas of service management to provide practitioners with the skills necessary to create and sustain a “learning and improving” IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
Course Duration: 3 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
Take what was established as THE best practice guidance of IT Service Management – then make it better. ITIL4 will help businesses navigate the new technological era, commonly known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
The ITIL4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI) course helps ITSM practitioners acquire further insight into ITIL4 – specifically in the areas that contribute to creating and sustaining an IT organization steeped in the growth mindset.
The course covers both practical and strategic elements related to improvement. Lean and Agile methodologies and techniques, a feature of ITIL4, is embedded into directing, planning and improving services in support of business objectives.
This interactive course is indispensable to the development of the modern day technologist and ITSM practitioner and leader in modern IT organisations seeking to innovate and improve IT services delivered to the business.
- Key Concepts of Direct, Plan and Improve
- Direction and Planning
- Operating Models
- Risks and Scope of Control
- Vision and Mission
- Strategy, Tactics and Operations
- Governance, Compliance and Management
- Policies, Control and Guidelines
- Value, Outcomes, Cost and Risk
- Key Principles and Methods of Directions and Planning
- Cascade Goals and Requirements
- Define effective policies, control and guidelines
- Placing decision making at the correct level
- Role of GRC and integration of principles and methods to the Service Value System
- Role of risk and risk management
- Impact of governance on DPI
- Use key principles and methods of continual improvements
- Use the ITIL Continual Improvement model for the service value system
- Identify assessment, objectives, outputs, requirements and criteria
- Selecting an assessment method
- Define and prioritize desired outcomes
- Build and advocate a business case
- Embedding continual improvement at all levels
- Use key principles and methods of communication, organizational change management, methods of measurement and reporting to direct, plan and improve
- Nature, scope an benefits of organizational change management
- Identify and manage different stakeholders
- Effective communication and feedback
- Establish effective interface across the value chain
- Define metrics and indicators to support objectives
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams
- Difference between practices and value streams
- Addressing the 4 dimensions of service management
- Applying ITI guiding principles
- Value stream mapping
- Optimizing workflow
- Minimizing waste
- Ensuring and utilizing feedback.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan and Improve
- Understand the scope, principles and methods of what to be directed and planned
- Understand the role of GRC and how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement, organizational change management, communication, measurement and reporting
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams.
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- ITSM managers, aspiring managers and practitioners developing their ITSM knowledge based on ITIL4
- ITSM practitioners of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team
- Individuals who are pursuing the ITIL Managing Professional designation.
Participants of the course who successfully pass the certification examination will be awarded the ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve certification.
The format of the examination is:
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90 minutes duration
Candidates must already have achieved ITIL4 Foundation certification to qualify to sit the examination.
There are no upcoming events at this time.