Introduces new and innovative ways to organize and manage IT.
Tailored for those engaged in a DevOps evolution.
Course Duration :
2 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
The DevOps Leader course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps. Leading people through a cultural transformation requires new skills, innovative thinking, and transformational leadership. Leaders up, down and across the IT organization must align and collaborate to break down silos and evolve the organization.
The course highlights the human dynamics of cultural change and equips participants with practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the DevOps spectrum through the use of real-life scenarios and case studies. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding Value Stream Mapping.
The course was developed by leveraging key DevOps leadership sources to extract real-life best practices in leading DevOps initiatives, such as the Spotify Squad Model, and has been designed to teach the key differences and emerging practices for cultural transformation through leadership in a fast-paced DevOps and Agile environment.
- DevOps and Transformational Leadership
- Current Definitions of DevOps
- Benefits of DevOps
- Transformational Leadership
- Unlearning Behaviours
- Psychological Safety and Neuroscience
- Mindset, Mental Models and Cognitive Bias
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and DevOps
- Becoming a DevOps Organization
- How DevOps Differs
- DevOps Kaizen
- Building Safety In
- Measure to Learn
- Avoiding Measure to Target
- Creating a Current Value Stream Map
- Measure to Improve
- The Improvement Kata and Experiments
- Creating a Future Value Stream Map
- Target Operating Models and Organizational Design
- Conway's Law
- Desired Outcomes of DevOps
- DevOps TOM Design Principles
- Articulating and Socializing Vision
- Organizational Change in Large Enterprises
- Empowering People
- Broadcasting Outside of Your Organization
- Maintaining Energy and Momentum
- The DevOps Business Case
- Culture and Climate
- A High-Trust Culture.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- DevOps and time to value
- Mindset and mental models
- Key differences between DevOps IT and traditional IT
- Target operating models and organizational design
- Performance management, rewards and motivation
- Preparing investment cases
- Focusing on value outcomes
- Ideas for organizing workflows
- Empowerment and participation
- Defining meaningful metrics
- Value stream mapping.
The target audience for this course are professionals, such as:
- Anyone starting or leading a DevOps cultural transformation program
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Business Managers and Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Consultants
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Directors and Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Lean Coaches
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as a certified DevOps Leader (DOL) issued and governed by DevOps Institute. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 40 Multiple Choice
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- Sixty minutes duration
- Web-based Open-book exam.
There are no prerequisites to attending the DevOps Leader course or sitting the certification examination. Familiarity with DevOps definitions and principles are essential.