Hone your skills in outsourcing and sourcing governance
Be among the industry’s most skilled.
Course duration: 3 days, 9am – 5pm
Acquire knowledge of what the main concepts of Outsourcing and Sourcing Governance are and how they can be applied in your organization. The course is interactive and combines theoretical lecture, discussions and exercises.
Sapience Consulting shares APMG’s passion for professional learning and development and have met or exceeded a rigorous assessment of their standards to demonstrate our commitment to delivering exceptional service.
The Sourcing Governance Foundation course provides a basic knowledge of what the main concepts of Outsourcing and Sourcing Governance are and how they can be applied. Best practice shows that implementing and operating a Sourcing Governance Function will require staff awareness and understanding of the key principles and concepts of outsourcing and sourcing governance. In this course an interactive approach is used combining lecture, discussion and exercises.
Sapience Consulting is a pioneer accredited training organization for the Sourcing Governance Foundation certification, which was created by APMG-International in conjunction with International Association of Outsourcing Professionals® (IAOP®).
Undertaking the course and successfully passing the examination qualifies an individual for COS-FP (Certified Outsourcing Specialist™ – Foundation Principles) certification from the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals® (IAOP®).
This course may be eligible for PMI’s PDUs.
Introduction To Outsourcing
- What is Outsourcing
- Types of business relationships in outsourcing
- Forms and Drivers for outsourcing
- The Outsourcing Process Stages
- Organizational Maturity for Outsourcing
Activities to Prepare For Outsourcing
- Integrating outsourcing and business strategy
- Stakeholder identification and analysis
- Identifying, scoping and prioritizing outsourcing opportunities
- Identifying and managing outsourcing risks
Supplier Selection And Due Diligence
- Defining and communicating requirements
- Baselining costs
- Understand RFI, RFP and RFQ
- Due Diligence Framework
- Supplier scoring and selection process
- Factors to considered when offshoring
Developing Financial Case and Pricing
- The Financial Analysis Model
- Considering provider proposals
- Selecting an optimal pricing model
Contracting And Negotiating
- Developing contracts and understanding its structure
- Scope setting and defining performance objectives
- Common areas for negotiation
- Understanding contract termination and changes
Managing Transition to An Outsourced Environment
- Understanding the transition process
- Reasons for transition failures
- Developing and managing the transition plan
- Understanding impact of transition on the organization
Implementing A Demand-Supply Governance Framework
- Understanding the 3-levels of DemandSupply Governance Framework
- Managing and operationalizing governance hotspots
- Design of a Demand-Supply Organization
Case Study and Discussions
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Recognize and understand the key concepts of outsourcing and sourcing Governance;
- Understand the changing role of the IT organization when outsourcing;
- Understand the challenges of implementing and operating a sourcing governance function
- Learn the terminology and definitions related to outsourcing and sourcing governance.
The target audience for this course and qualification are professionals from both client and provider organisations in the IT industry who have little experience in outsourcing and who want to get a kickstart on this topic.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with Sourcing Governance Foundation under the APMG certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- One hour duration
There are no prerequisites to attending the Sourcing Governance Foundation course or for sitting the examination. However, some experience working in an IT organization is advantageous.
There are no upcoming events at this time.