An instructor-led classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in managing and coordinating changes. The course expands on ITSM concepts and practices and equips Change Analysts with the skills and competencies needed to deliver true value to the business.
Course Duration : 3 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
No modern technology organisations are able to function effectively and efficiently in the modern age without incorporating service management practices and equipping it’s people with the necessary skills and competencies to effectively manage the delivery of IT services.
This course is an instructor-led classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role in managing and coordinating changes within the organisation. This is a role-based service management qualification which focuses on the core competencies and skills required of individuals to effectively discharge their roles within Change Management.
Course participants will also complete a course workbook designed to enable the participants to understand and internalize the key principles learnt during the course.
Change Management and the role of the Change Analyst
- The purpose of this unit is to re-affirm the goals, purpose, value and positioning of change management within an organization from the perspective of a Change Analyst.
- The purpose of this unit is to demonstrate the vital role that good communication plays in the success of a change management function.
The Scope of Change Management
- The purpose of this unit is to make the candidate aware that Change Management is required in many different areas of a company, and that this has to be considered in the scoping of the change management function.
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand the main areas of a change management process. At this stage the intention is to concentrate on the knowledge; the application of techniques comes later.
Techniques assisting process activities
- The purpose of this unit is to consider some of the process activities in more detail and explain the techniques that can be used. (e.g. 7Rs of Impact Assessment, Risk Assessment and Management, etc..)
- The purpose of this unit is to demonstrate that clear and concise written communication is vital to successful change management, and outlines the skills required and where they are used by the change analyst.
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand the importance of continual improvement and how they can contribute to it.
Change Analyst Role
- The purpose of this unit is to highlight that as well as their day to day duties a change analyst will interface with many other areas of an organization.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Understand the role and contribution of a Change Analyst
- Understand the value of Personal Communication
- Understand the Scope and Process Overview of Change Management
- Identify and learn techniques to assist with Change Management Understand the purpose and value of written communication
- Appreciate the importance of maintaining quality through effective change management
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT Change Management practitioners, supervisors and managers including business-interfacing staff
- IT Consultants
- IT Service Providers and IT Managers who are involved in coordinating, managing changes to IT Services within the organization
- Business representatives within the organization which interfaces regularly with IT Change Management process and personnel
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as Change Analyst certified under the APMG ITSM Analyst Series certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 13 marks required to pass (out of 20 available) – 65%
- One hour duration
There are no prerequisites to attending the Change Analyst course or for sitting for the Change Analyst certification examination.