In a world where enterprise success is increasingly dependent on information systems and information technology, the trust customers, clients, employees and other stakeholders have for an enterprise can quickly dissipate in the face of a data security breach. As the growing number of high-profile breaches demonstrates, information security failures can result in significant damage to an enterprise’s bottom line as well as its reputation.
To ensure greater alignment between organizations’ information security programs and their broader goals and objectives, more and more enterprises and government agencies expect, and even require, their information security professionals to hold the Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) certification.
Course Duration : 4 Days Instructor Led Classroom Training
The CISM Exam Preparation course is an intensive, four-day review program to prepare individuals who are planning to sit for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) exam.
The course focuses on the key points covered in the CISM Review Manual 15th Edition and includes class lectures, group discussions/activities, exam practice and answer debriefs. The course is intended for individuals with familiarity with and experience in information security management.
The CISM Exam Preparation Course comprises six primary sections, covering the following topics:
- General Examination Information
- Information Security Governance
- Information risk management
- Information security program development and management
- Information security incident management
- Exam practice/sample exam
Typically, each day of the course will cover a single CISM domain, using lecture, group activities and practice questions.
Participants in the CISM Exam Preparation course will be provided instruction designed to provide the following:
- An understanding of the format and structure of the CISM certification exam.
- A knowledge of the various topics and technical areas covered by the exam.
- Practice with specific strategies, tips and techniques for taking and passing the exam
- Opportunities to execute practice questions with debriefs of answers
Individuals who manage, design, oversee and assess an enterprises’ information security.
Delegates who successfully completed the course and pass the exam will be allowed to apply for formal CISM accreditation from ISACA
- Complex Multiple Choice
- 150 questions
- 4 hours duration
- Scaled Score between 200 to 800 Marks
- 450 Marks required to pass
There are no prerequisite requirements for taking the CISM Exam Preparation Course or the CISM exam; however, in order to apply for CISM certification, the candidate must meet the necessary experience requirements determined by ISACA.
This certification training is supported under the following programmes
Singapore - CITREP+
Up to 70% to 100% CITREP+ funding available. Terms and conditions apply. Please visit www.imtalent.sg/citrep for full details.
Malaysia - HRDF