International standard for Information Security management
Get internationally recognised .
Our recent hybrid class! In support of safe management in light of COVID19, classes may be run virtually.
Course duration: 5 days, 9am – 5pm
An instructor-led classroom training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001.
ISO/IEC 27001 (ISO 27001) is an international standard for Information Security management. It provides a model to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a risk-managed Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard forms the basis for effective management of sensitive, confidential information and for the application of information security controls.
During this course, you will gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Information Security Management Systems to secure the organization`s sensitive information and improve the overall performance and effectiveness.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization.
This course may be eligible for PMI’s PDUs.
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices.
This qualification is aimed at those who are:
- Managers or consultants involved in Information Security Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Information Security Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with ISMS requirements
- ISMS team members.
Delegates who successfully completed the course and pass the exam may apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential.
- 12 essay-type questions per paper
- 75 marks in total per examination with passing percentage of 70%
- 3 hrs duration
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.