Learn about the Rational IT Model ™ (TRIM) which is a reference model for your IT service delivery with a simplified and scaled down service management framework suitable for organizations of all sizes.
Course Duration : 2 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
The Rational IT Model™ (TRIM) is a reference model for the adoption of IT Service Management as a practice. It is a complete model for IT service delivery based on the ITIL¨ framework that has been simplified and scaled down to a level that all organizations can handle.
The model includes all the processes, roles, templates, and procedures needed to implement IT Service Management as a working and efficient production of IT services that provide value to the business.
The model is built based on a holistic view of functions, escalation paths and governance of the organization, making it easy to get the entire organization, including suppliers, to work together. The model is easy to understand and to implement, yet built with such high quality that it can be the basis for an ISO/IEC 20000 certification.
Service Management Concepts
- Challenges for IT
- Service and Service Providers
- Value, Outcomes, Cost and Risk
- Purpose of Service Management
The Rational IT Model
- Overview of the Governance Model
TRIM Functions and Roles
- IT Steering Group
- Customer Management
- Delivery Management
- Technical and Application Management
- Service Desk
TRIM Governance Model
- IT Service
- Service Catalogue
- Supporting Service
- Strategy Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Continual Service Improvement
- Knowledge Management
- Supplier Management
- Process flow through Transition
- Change Management
- Service Design
- Release Management
- Request fulfilment
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Operational Maintenance
- Guiding principles
- Metrics and measurement
- Organizational Change Management
- The CSI Approach
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Awareness of Service Management concepts
- Comprehension of the TRIM Governance Model
- Comprehension of the TRIM service structure, processes, functions and roles
- Comprehension of the Continual Improvement Methods
The target audience for this course and qualification include Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals including:
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the model TRIM and how it may be used to ease the use of IT service management within an organization.
- IT professionals that are working within an organization that has adopted or going to adopt TRIM as a model for service management and who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
- IT professionals who want to tutor TRIM foundation courses or support organizations that are going to adopt TRIM as a model for service management.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with TRIM Foundation issued by Peoplecert.
Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only
- 20 Multiple Choice
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 13 marks required to pass (out of 20 available) – 65%
- 25-minutes duration
There are no prerequisites to attending the TRIM Foundation course or for sitting for theTRIM Foundation certification examination. Familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience is advantageous.
There are no upcoming events at this time.