The Service Desk Foundation course specifically designed for new service desk agents or analysts and the course is ideal as on-going induction program for large service desks with a continuous intake of new staff.
The course introduces analysts to key concepts, skills and competencies required to deliver support in an effective, efficient and professional manner. The course gives candidates a comprehensive induction to the service desk and its importance to today's organizations.
- Types of Service Desks
- Overview of ITIL Processes and relevance to Service Desks
- Processes and procedures
- Effective process management
- Key concepts of service management
- Roles and responsibilities
- Relationship management, teamwork and cultural awareness
- Effective communication skills
- Conflict management & building rapport with customers
- Professional customer service attitude - a positive approach and attitude in the service environment
- Benefits of self-help, metrics and customer satisfaction surveys
- Practice exam and review
On completion of this 3 day training course, delegates will be able to learn the about the role of the Service Desk function role with the organisation, and their role in support of the services. The course covers relationship management in which the delegates will discover the important of teamwork and customer relationships. The importance of managing effective communication with customers, support team and suppliers and also learn how to manage conflict. Candidates will learn how to develop and maintain a positive approach and attitude in the service environment and review the key concepts of service management including SLA, escalation procedures, legal and security compliance, problem, change and knowledge management, the benefits of self-help, metrics and customer satisfaction surveys.
This course is intended for:
New analysts and customer service staff with less than 9 months experience in an internal or external telephone customer support environment.
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded at the end of the course.
None. This is a Foundational course.