A project manager’s role on any project goes far beyond task-related activities. Project managers have to deal with the challenges of effectively managing the goals of achieving the scope, time, cost and quality. However this is insufficient to deliver a successful project. To unleash the great potential of the team, the project manager need to realize how to lead the team, collect ideas, making effective decision, develop solution, gain firmer commitment, resolve conflicts, and leverage on the skills and knowledge of your group.
The 2-day course covers the concept and best practices in a mix of lecture, group discussion, exercises, and personal reflection for the essential leadership skills for project managers.
Participants are eligible to claim 14 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
- Project Leadership and Behavioural Styles
- Facilitation and Better Brainstorming
- Managing Project Conflicts
- Problem solving
- Developing personal effectiveness.
Delegates can expect to gain key competencies, knowledge and skills specifically in:
- Managing and leading project team members
- Learning a wide range of practical and usable tools and techniques, which can help facilitate groups to handle uncertainty, and provide processes to enable the group to solve problems and develop answers to key questions
- Heightening self-awareness through discovery of behavioural styles
- Recognizing the conflict and methods of conflict management
- Developing robust solutions through creative thinking and effective selection of options
- Assisting project and organizations to tackle difficult challenges using best practice facilitation methods
- Improving personal effectiveness.
This course is suitable for individuals including project managers, team leads, line manager, IT professionals who need to achieve outcomes and address project issues by leading and leveraging on the team collaboration.
There is no pre-requisite to attend this course however it is recommended that attendees have some experience in managing project and/or leading a team.