Learn the concepts, terms, principles and tools used by DevOps Leadership to approach, validate and sustain a DevOps cultural transformation.
Course Duration : 2 Days
DevOps (a clipped compound of "development" and "operations") is a software development approach to work that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations (Ops). The goal of DevOps is to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering software releases frequently, in close alignment with business objectives in a faster, better, and cost-efficient way.
The Leadership level of the PeopleCert DevOps qualifications scheme is aimed at anyone who is managing a DevOps team or aspiring to lead a cultural shift towards DevOps practices. The main goal of the course is to learn how to manage a team culture shift and how to introduce unfamiliar workflow processes across more than one team.
During the course, candidates will examine how the Full Stack approach can be engaged and implemented within the organisation, why DevOps Leadership is needed in modern enterprises, and how it can be aligned to business value delivery. The PeopleCert DevOps Leadership course equips candidates with solid knowledge regarding the practices, processes, automation and technology used for adapting DevOps within an organisation, along with Scrum methodology, people and their cultural implications.
This course may be eligible for PMI's PDUs.
- DevOps Leadership
- Leadership characteristics
- Lewin’s Model for Change and Improvement
- 20/20 Vision for transformation
- Aligning Transformation to Value Delivery
- Drivers of Change
- Gleicher’s Formula for Change
- True North Values and Principles
- Aligning Strategic and Team Goals
- Planning and Approaching DevOps Transformation
- Evolution of DevOps transformation
- Stakeholder Management Process
- Engaging and Implementing the Full Stack
- The Westrum Model
- Cross-functional teams and self-organisation
- Trust-Ownership Model
- Consideration for gathering, broadcasting and implementing feedback
- Enabling flow across the value stream
- Value Stream Maps and Waste
- Breaking work into iterations
- Agile and Scrum Pillars and Technique
- Leadership for Continuous Delivery
- DevOps Toolchain and Ecosystem
- Validating Results and Sustaining DevOps Transformation
- Continual Improvement mindset
- DMAIC Model
- Innovation and Collaboration
- Resilience and Anti-Fragility
- Course Review and Exam Preparation.
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- What is leadership and what is leadership for DevOps
- How to lead an organisation through a DevOps transformation
- Establish the need for urgency for DevOps
- Clarify & align business objectives
- Create a vision and strategy for transformation
- Identify and influence the vital stakeholders
- Lead a culture of self-organised, cross-functional teams
- Gather, broadcast and Implement feedback
- Enable flow across the value stream
- Break work into iterations to accelerate learning and experimentation
- Lead for continuous delivery and a culture of continual improvement
- Lead for innovation
- Improve organisational resilience & sustainability
The target audience for this course and qualification include Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals including:
- Professionals and leaders in Software or Applications Development
- IT Operations
- IT Service Management
- Business analysts, project and product managers
- Anyone aspiring to gain knowledge of DevOps principles.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with DevOps Leadership issued by Peoplecert. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
The format of the examination is:
- 20 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1 mark per correct answer
- 14 marks required to pass (out of 20 available) – 70%
- One hour duration
There are no prerequisites to attending the DevOps Leadership course or for sitting for the DevOps Leadership certification examination.
Attending the DevOps Fundamentals certification course and familiarity with IT terminology and IT related work experience is advantageous.