Teaching you how to Engineer & Operationalize a cybersecurity program based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
The NIST Cybersecurity Professional (NCSP) training curriculum was created in partnership with UMass Lowell (UML) a NSA/DHS National Centre of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defence Research (CAE-R).
The curriculum was designed to train the engineering, operations and business teams responsible for operationalizing the NIST Cybersecurity Framework controls and management systems (ISO 27001 etc.) across the university's five campuses.
The NCSP curriculum has since been used to train other universities, governments and private corporations to do the same.
The curriculum accredited teaches the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Develop a strategy to educate executives and board members about the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and why they should allocate funding to launch and maintain a program
- Create a Cybersecurity program that will become policy for the organization
- Engineer a solution that will span the enterprise and its supply chain
- Build and Operate a Security Operations Centre (SOC) to continuously monitor and respond to changes in the documented cybersecurity profile
- Conduct continuous business risk assessments that compares the current profile against the target profile
- NCSP is the industry's first accredited training program designed help organisations and individuals engineer and implement the NIST Cyber Security Framework across their organisation and supply chain
- The certifications various training options enable the program to be adapted to any organisational structure and training schedule
- The NCSP online instructor Train the trainer program enables training organizations to quickly train their force
- The NCSP program opens opportunities for added training and consulting against a recognised US government department framework.
- The NCSP program opens the door to new career opportunities in the cyber security sector