A complete overview of of service design including all its related activities - how to design services that translates business requirements into an effective and holistic service design that delivers expected value to the business.
Course Duration : 4 Days instructor-Led Classroom Training
This course is relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing, managing and improving IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This is a freestanding qualification and is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management and design as documented in the official ITIL Service Design publication.
Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
Introduction to service design
- The scope and business value of service design
- The context of service design in relation to all other lifecycle stages
- Service design package and service acceptance criteria
Service design principles
- Design service solutions related to a customer’s needs
- Design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value
- The measurement systems and metrics
- Service design models to accommodate different service solutions
Service design processes
- The interaction of service design processes
- The five design aspects and how they are incorporated into the service design process
Service design technology-related activities
- Requirements engineering in the design process and utilizing the three types of requirements
- Design of technical architectures
Organizing for service design
- Service design roles and responsibilities
- Service management tools, where and how they would be used
- The benefits and types of tools that support service design
- Implementation and improvement of service design
- The six-stage implementation/improvement cycle and how the activities in each stage of the cycle are applied
Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Be able to provide insight and guidance for design challenges, risks and critical success factors
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Introduction to service design
- Understanding service design principles Service design processes
- Understanding service design technology related activities
- Organizing for service design
- Technology considerations
- Implementing service design
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT consultants
- IT service providers
- IT senior managers
- IT managers and supervisory staff
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service designers
- IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing, managing, delivering and optimizing IT Services within the organization.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Service Design Intermediate Certificate under the AXELOS certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 8 Scenario-based Multiple Choice Questions
- Gradient scoring system with 5, 3, 1 and 0 marks attributed to each answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90-minutes duration
Participants wishing to sit the qualification examination must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
There are no upcoming events at this time.