An overview of Release Control and Validation processes and all its related activities in order to effectively and efficiently plan, build, test and deploy IT Services to supported environments in order to be able to deliver business value.
Course Duration : 5 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This course is relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing, managing and improving IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This is a freestanding qualification and is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the official ITIL Service Lifecycle publications.
Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
Introduction to RCV
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service transition lifecycle phase and applicable processes
- The end-to-end process flow for change management
Service Asset and Configuration Management
- The end-to-end process flow for service asset and configuration management
Service Validation and Testing
- The end-to-end process flow for the SVT process
- Test modeling techniques and testing concepts
Release and Deployment Management
- The end-to-end process flow for release and deployment management
- Release and deployment models and related activities
- The end-to-end process flow for request fulfilment
- The end-to-end process flow for change evaluation
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a service change
- The end-to-end process flow for knowledge management
- DIKW Model
Release, Control and Validation Roles and Responsibilities
Technology and Implementation Considerations
- The technology requirements for service management tools
- Implementing RCV processes in the context of planning and managing change, service operation, project management, risk management, and staff considerations
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Introduction to RCV
- Understand and apply Change Management
- Understand and apply Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Understand and apply Service Validation and Testing
- Understand and apply Release and Deployment Management
- Understand and apply Request Fulfilment
- Understand and apply Change Evaluation
- Understand and apply Knowledge Management
- Release, Control and Validation Roles and Responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT consultants
- IT service providers
- IT senior managers
- IT managers and supervisory staff
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service designers
- IT architects who require a deep understanding of related ITIL processes in order to enhance their role-based capabilities and to contribute to the evolution and improvement of ITIL processes and services within their organisation
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Release Control and Validation Intermediate Certificate under the AXELOS certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 8 Scenario-based Multiple Choice Questions
- Gradient scoring system with 5, 3, 1 and 0 marks attributed to each answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90-minutes duration
Participants wishing to sit the qualification examination must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
There are no upcoming events at this time.