An overview of Planning, Protection and Optimization processes and all its related activities to better deliver business value through the effective and efficient design of IT services that meet business requirements.
Course Duration : Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This course is relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing, managing and improving IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This is a freestanding qualification and is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the official ITIL Service Lifecycle publications.
Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
Introduction to PPO
- The purpose and value to the business of PPO activities
- The basic service design principles
- The end-to-end process flow for capacity management
- The end-to-end process flow for availability management
IT Service Continuity Management
- The end-to-end process flow for ITSCM
- The four stages of ITSCM (i.e. initiation, requirements and strategy, implementation and on-going operation)
Information Security Management
- The end-to-end process flow for security management
- The end-to-end process flow for demand management
- Activity-based demand management as it relates to business and user activity patterns and how these contribute to core and service packages
Planning, Protection and Optimization Roles and Responsibilities
Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Service management tools, where and how they can be used within PPO for process implementation
- What best practices should be used in order to alleviate challenges and risks when implementing service management technologies and designing technology architectures
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Introduction to PPO
- Understand and apply Capacity Management
- Understand and apply Availability Management
- Understand and apply IT Service Continuity Management
- Understand and apply Information Security Management
- Understand and apply Demand Management
- Planning, Protection and Optimization Roles and Responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT consultants
- IT service providers
- IT senior managers
- IT managers and supervisory staff
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service designers
- IT architects who require a deep understanding of related ITIL processes in order to enhance their role-based capabilities and to contribute to the evolution and improvement of ITIL processes and services within their organisation
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Planning, Protection and Optimization Intermediate Certificate under the AXELOS certification scheme.
Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 8 Scenario-based Multiple Choice Questions
- Gradient scoring system with 5, 3, 1 and 0 marks attributed to each answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90-minutes duration
Participants wishing to sit the qualification examination must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
There are no upcoming events at this time.