An overview of Operational Support and Analysis processes and all its related activities in order to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of IT Services to the business and general user community.
Course Duration : 5 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This course is relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing, managing and improving IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This is a freestanding qualification and is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the official ITIL Service Lifecycle publications.
Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
Introduction to OSA
- The scope, value to the business of OSA activities
- Optimizing service operation performance
- The event management process inclusive of its design strategy, components, activities, roles and operation
- The incident management process inclusive of its design strategy, components, activities, roles and operation
- The request fulfilment process inclusive of its design strategy, components, activities, roles and operation
- The end-to-end process flow for problem management inclusive of design strategy, components, activities, roles and operation
- The end-to-end process flow for access management process inclusive of design strategy, components, activities, roles and operation
The Service Desk
- The complete end-to-end process flow for the service desk function A measurement model and the metrics that would be used to support the service desk function within OSA practices.
- The end-to-end process flow for OSA functions (i.e. technical management, IT operations management, and applications management)
Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Technology requirements for service management tools and where/how they would be used within OSA for process implementation
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Introduction to OSA
- Understand and apply Event Management
- Understand and apply Incident Management
- Understand and apply Request Fulfilment
- Understand and apply Problem Management
- Understand and apply Access Management
- The Service Desk
- Learn Service Operation Functions
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT consultants
- IT service providers
- IT senior managers
- IT managers and supervisory staff
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service designers
- IT architects who require a deep understanding of related ITIL processes in order to enhance their role-based capabilities and to contribute to the evolution and improvement of ITIL processes and services within their organisation
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Operational Support and Analysis Intermediate Certificate under the AXELOS certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
- 8 Scenario-based Multiple Choice Questions
- Gradient scoring system with 5, 3, 1 and 0 marks attributed to each answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90-minutes duration
Participants wishing to sit the qualification examination must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
There are no upcoming events at this time.