A complete overview of Continual Service Improvement including all its related activities - to continually align and realign IT services to changing business needs by identifying and implementing improvements to IT services that support business processes. Incorporates holistic improvement activities as they support the lifecycle approach through service strategy, service design, service transition and service operation.
Course Duration : 4 Days Instructor-Led Classroom Training
This course is relevant for professionals who play a role in developing, implementing, managing and improving IT service quality in order to deliver business value. This is a freestanding qualification and is also part of the ITIL intermediate lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the official ITIL Continual Service Improvement publication.
Practical examples and real life case studies are used to guide and assist with the understanding of key concepts throughout the course. At the end of the classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
Introduction to CSI
- The purpose, objectives, scope and business value of CSI
- CSI in the ITIL service lifecycle
- Understanding change in the organization
- Service level management and knowledge management influence in CSI
- Deming Cycle and CSI
- Role of service measurement
- The seven-step improvement process – application and benefits
- CSI integration with the the ITIL service lifecycle
CSI methods and techniques
- Using assessments and gap analysis How to Using benchmarking, service measurement, metrics, service reporting, including balanced scorecard and SWOT, to support CSI
- Create a return on investment, establish a business case and measure the benefits achieved
Organizing for CSI
- The role of the CSI manager, service owner, process owner, process manager and process practitioner
- Technology considerations
- The technology and tools required and how these would be implemented and managed to support CSI activities
- CSI implementation: strategy, planning, governance, communication, project management, operation
- Dealing with cultural and organizational change
Challenges, critical success factors and risks
On completion of this course, the following learning outcomes will be achieved:
- Introduction to CSI
- Understanding CSI principles
- CSI process
- Use and apply CSI methods and techniques
- Organizing for CSI
- Technology considerations
- Implementing CSI
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
The target audience for this course and qualification are:
- IT consultants
- IT service providers
- IT senior managers
- IT managers and supervisory staff
- IT audit managers
- IT security managers
- Service designers
- IT architects who are involved in the developing, designing, managing, delivering and optimizing IT Services within the organization.
Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with ITIL Continual Service Improvement Intermediate Certificate under the AXELOS certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only
- 8 Scenario-based Multiple Choice Questions
- Gradient scoring system with 5, 3, 1 and 0 marks attributed to each answer
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 70%
- 90-minutes duration
Participants wishing to sit the qualification examination must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
There are no upcoming events at this time.