Agile is the ability to create and respond to change. It is a way of dealing with, and ultimately succeeding in, an uncertain and turbulent environment.
Course Duration : 1 Day
What is Agile? Why be Agile in your projects?
The future is unpredictable, and with the world and its technology changing ever faster, our projects experience far greater uncertainty on requirements ever than before. Projects that embrace Agile are able to adapt faster, deliver little and often yet remaining business and customer focused.
This awareness course provides a fast insight into agile, how and why agile has evolved from the waterfall model. The course focuses on the values and principles that drive effective agile teams. The popular agile schools of thoughts – Scrum, Extreme Programming, DSDM, Lean and Kanban – are covered to show how they can all be agile, yet different.
Participants are eligible to claim 7 PMI PDUs upon attending this course.
- What is Agile?
- Agile values and principles
- Scrum, Extreme Programming, DSDM, Lean and Kanban – Practices, artifacts and roles
- Waterfall versus Agile.
- Understand the agile values and principles
- Understand a few popular agile approaches – Scrum, Extreme Programming, DSDM and Kanban – their practices, commonalities and differences
- Understand Lean as a key basis for agile
- Understand the various roles in driving agile
- Appreciate the differences between waterfall and agile.
This course is intended for business executives, product owners, business analysts, project managers, designers, project members, developers or individuals who want to better understand agile as a delivery approach to improving their projects.
There is no pre-requisite for the course. However, some experience and awareness in project work as well as product or software development would be advantageous.
There are no upcoming events at this time.